September 21, 2008

that one song and my life

Pure Prairie League, Amie.
Sometimes i think, sheesh when will i be discontent with being lonely. clearly i missed some memo and should be very upset and lonely with my current relational status. Then i listen to this song and the independence of it just makes me satisfied and sigh with relief at the life i have chosen. Relatively empowering even.

The parts i like go something like this...
"See I thought that I could keep you for my own,
Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you, 
for a while maybe longer if i do.
I keep falling in and out of love with you.
Dont know what im gonna do,
keep falling in and out of love with you."

Clearly the song says i do what i want so be careful, and i take such comfort in that. You see my dad sang it to me as a baby kid growing up. So, i think its more of a feeling i get when i hear this song than anything rational or logical. I still really like being alone.

p.s. i hate studying.


No comments: